Wednesday 25 March 2020

SPnU, HoS and Dance Project Update - roughs and cleanups

I have been admittedly distracted by pandemic related issues, however I've been able to get in some work for both Sleep Paralysis and You and Heart of Stone.

Sleep Paralysis and You


I haven't quite finished tweaking some of my roughs but I did manage to do some cleanups:






I think the cleanups are generally looking good, but I still need to alter the hand movement in the Cheek Caress scene and the Fire Reveal scene might need more exaggerated facial features and movement. I do like the squash and stretch/follow through of the face when he startles awake though.

I've also redone the top of the head on the 8_UWU cleanup because it was previously wiggling due to lack of line consistency. I think it looks much better now:



Heart of Stone


We had a group meeting at one point to get feedback on our current progress, and I hadn't noticed the arms were too short in my Torch scene. I have since corrected this and added some tweens so it can be passed over to Prathik to rough out the fire animation:



Scene 3 - Torch

I have also roughed out a couple of other scenes, which I'll ask for feedback on our roughs deadline. Halli made a great mouth shapes reference to be used on our lip syncing scenes which I've applied to one of my scenes. I've also made a reference video for Medusa's movement in my 8_Pan scene but I've yet to rough it out.

Scene 10 - Medusa Dip

Scene 30 - Zoom of Realisation

What worked well:
  • The lip syncing and the poses for the Medusa Dip scene
  • The turn on the Zoom scene

What could be improved:
  • The snakes might be too thick in the Medusa Dip scene
  • Unsure about the last Medusa facial expression in the dip scene
  • Some of the movement might be too fast in the Zoom scene
  • Some of parts of both scenes will need more tweens once I'm sure the team are happy with it.


Dance Animation Project

Jenny finished editing the dance videos to be rotoscoped and let me know what she wanted effects on. I wasn't clear on one of the scenes where the dancer is supposed to 'disappear by boiling away' on a jump and then reappear on landing so I made a rough test of the scene with my interpretation of disappearing and reappearing and Jenny liked it a lot.


I personally think it's too simplified at the moment so I'll be redoing this properly at some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sleep Paralysis and You - Final Version

This is the final version of Sleep Paralysis and You after Prathik has composited in all our parts. It's been a long few months an...