Wednesday 29 April 2020

SPnU Cleanups

Sleep Paralysis and You

I've been primarily focusing on cleaning up my scenes for Sleep Paralysis and You. I have admittedly fallen behind on my deadlines for this project and possibly spread myself too thin over my other projects, but I'm pleased with the steady progress I've made so far.



This scene is almost finished and just needs the last last zoom out section to be animated. Otherwise the hand movement is looking better compared to what it was originally:




I'm still in the process of cleaning up my more complex demon movement scenes, which are coming along alright so far:






I thought this scene was mostly finished with the exception of the cracks but Prathik said Kilo's head looked unnatural when it was composited into the main file and needs some subtle hair boil which I will add if I have time:


I'm actually really happy with how this scene turned out. I ended up adding tweens to Penny's hair movement so that it moves smoother and it looks really good to me. The tears are also a vast improvement to what they were before. In terms of what can be done better, if I have time, I'll increase the sizes of the eye shines so they overlap with the eye whites (which will show better in compositing):




For this last scene, I colour picked Halli's background from the scene following this to make up the stretcher and grass background which I think worked well. 




I think the movement of everything works well, my feedback was to decrease the amount of pan and zoom so that it's a bit more subtle and less jarring, and to also add a flash of white to the transition, which I did in After Effects:



The pan and zoom definitely looks a lot better now.

I have barely made any progress on the 5_GettingInBed scene, having been focusing on my more complex scenes till now. I've let Prathik know that I'm struggling with the deadlines and might need to delegate that specific scene to someone else. He said he doesn't have time at the moment to do it himself but will have a better idea later, so until then I'll try to finish all of my scenes as best as I can.


Scene 5 - Getting in Bed
The rough has been a little more refined but Kilo will need to be sized up before tie downs and cleanup

Other Projects

Jenny reviewed my roughs and asked me if I could redo them with a 2 pixel brush as she hadn't noticed the thickness before (I used the default 5 pixel brush) and I had showed her the first rough before she made a reference sheet specifying 2 pixel thickness on the roughs. I told her I didn't have time to redo them but we found a compromise by me applying an effect in TVPaint that erodes the linework and brings it down to 2 pixels although there is some loss of quality. I also converted everything to psd files to make it easier for the cleanup artist to work off them.


For Heart of Stone, I still have one cleanup to do which I've made a start on and will attempt to finish after I've gotten more of my SPnU cleanups done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sleep Paralysis and You - Final Version

This is the final version of Sleep Paralysis and You after Prathik has composited in all our parts. It's been a long few months an...